Normally a human body contains a certain amount of yeast and as the level of yeast disturb or over growth, the effected person may come across systematic yeast infection which can happen because of a number of reasons. Candidacies or thrush is basically a fungal infection among which Candida albicans is the most common and generally referred as a yeast infection. Its growth is usually dependent upon human’s immune system and through other micro organisms such as bacteria occupying the same locations in the human body. The children between the ages of three to nine usually experience chlorine mouth yeast infection which is seen around the mouth in form of white patches.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection
Following are the main signs sand symptoms of yeast infection;
- Because of this infection, women feel itching or soreness in vagina which might result in pain or burning during urinating process or sexual intercourse.
- Sexual impotence/dysfunction
- Digestive pain
- Short of breath
- Headache and constant migraine
- Menstrual pain
- Oral infection/oral thrush
Causes of Yeast Infection
Below are the main causes of this infection;
- Antibiotics can cause yeast infection as sometimes these medicines could not distinguish between bad and good bacteria and kill them both which upsets the balance of vaginal ecosystem.
- Clothing is also responsible such as non-cotton flourish and moisture.
- Inks, dyes and perfumes can also upset the balance in crotch and trigger.
- Detergents are known to cause the nourishment of bacteria that does not only disrupt the vaginal environment but also damage mucus membranes.
- During sexual transmission there is a chance that Candida can be transmitted between the parties. This is particularly susceptible to passing yeast infection approximately 40%.
- Weakened immune system sometimes triggers yeast infection.
As soon as the above symptoms are experienced, a proper guideline/ diagnosis become necessary. A pelvic examination is required which shows swelling and renders of the skin of the vulva in the vagina. It may also show dry and white spot on the vaginal wall. Cracks in the stain of vulva can also be visible in the test or examination. A test known as WER MOUNT and KOH test is considered to be very effective for the diagnosis of the infection. This identification is done by light microscopy. The culturing method is also used for diagnosis by rubbing a sterile swab on the infected skin.
Health and Social Effects
The overall health of the sufferer surly gets affected very badly and trouble in digestion, weakness, bloating, constipation and irritation are usually in the patient and due to these psychological problems, a number of other social issues can occur. Disadvantages of these physical, mental and physiological problems become the part of life which later leads to sexual dysfunction, lack of self confidence and self esteemed. All the above complications and problems are the results of yeast infection and especially when it is not diagnosed in time, it gets worse. What the patient needs to do is just to take precautions to avoid the factors that cause these types of infections.