The problem of dry skin might occur on any part of your skin but it is more common in certain areas such as flanks, arms, & legs. A great number of people have dry skin in legs and because of dry skin, women are afraid of wearing shorts or bikinis at the beach or other public places. However, there are a number of ways with which you can learn how to get rid of dry skin on legs. In this case, herbal creams and moisturizers are suggested to the effected person because of their effectiveness to avoid dry itchy skin on legs. Making some changes in dieting and living style are also suggested as these changes really play a significant role in improving the overall health condition from both inside and outside of the body.
Major Causes of Dry Flaky Skin on Legs
There might be multiple causes of extremely dry skin on legs and other areas of the body. However, in most of the cases, the major cause of such condition is considered unhealthy lifestyle.
In winter weather, cold and dry air pulls the moisture from the skin and the heating systems installed inside the houses make the problem even worse. In this situation the use of indoor humidifier is a great idea to restore the moisture in the air and it is really effective in keeping your skin fully moisturized.
Moisture Killer Soaps
Don’t be careless while choosing beauty soap for your shower as most of the soaps contain artificial fragrances and harsh chemicals which drain out the natural softness and moisture from your skin.
Most of the people love to take steamy showers to soothe their bodies and it really feels good but they might not know that the hot shower dries out natural properties necessary to keep the skin healthy and in absence of natural oils, the effected person gets very dry skin on legs and other body areas.
Smoking & Alcohol
The regular tobacco smokers and alcohol drinkers might also have dry scaly skin on legs because the excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco can cause dryness of the skin in various skin areas.
Those who don’t usually care about taking the safety measures to save their skin from the extreme sunrays are more prone to get dry cracked skin on legs especially on hands and facial area.
Various Skin Problems
If someone is affected with some other condition such as eczema, dermatitis and various types of skin allergies might also have dry skin patches on legs.
There may be other causes of dry skin on legs too. No matter what actually causes dry skin what’s more important is to use an effective treatment method to get rid of this condition rather than scratching dry skin rash on legs as scratching will irritate your skin which will result in even worse of the problem.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Legs
- Washing and cleaning of dry skin areas with a good anti bacterial soap is really important to save your skin from bacteria, germs, dust and dirt.
- You must avoid the soaps that contain harmful and harsh chemicals as they will pull out the natural oils from the skin and will cause dryness and itchy.
- You must also avoid abrasive scrubs which are used to get rid of itching but in fact, it leads to dry skin legs. Instead of using scrubs, you better use a piece of soft cloth and soapy water.
- You should use exfoliation, also known as cosmetology, to get rid of dead skin cells on the skin. Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells from the outer surface of the skin. This method has been used for a long time to keep the skin glowing and healthy.
- The newly developed skin cells don’t find the way to grow because of the presence of oldest dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. Therefore, this is really important to remove those useless cells. The better way to perform this task is to use professional cosmetology which might be costly for some people. The cheaper way to perform this task is to use quality scrubs.
- To get rid of dry skin bumps on legs, it is better to treat the problem from both inside and outside. To tackle with the outer condition, you can use exfoliation, bacterial soaps, creams, ointment etc but to improve the internal body condition, you need to eat healthy foods to provide your skin with all the necessary vitamins, protein and natural oils. The consumption of foods that contains omega 3 fats such as krill and fish is also very important.