Lips are the most prominent part of the face that add the element of ‘real personality’ in your face. The care expressing eyes are dominated by the chapped peeling lips which give a feeling of aggression and anger. However, if a person has rosy plump lips and flat non-expressive eyes, yet people will adore his company. A person cannot always be blamed for chapped peeling lips. There are several other reasons like seasonal infections, hereditary influence and effect of some other disease etc. Provided are a few very effective tips for chapped peeling lips and for infections caused by lip piercing.
- Lip balm plays a very important role in chapped lips. Petroleum jelly should not be tried on the lips. A little expensive investment on a patent lip balm can help you get rid of even the seasonal lip peeling.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon coffee beans (crushed and ground), 2/3 teaspoon olive oil, 2/3 teaspoon honey and 1 capsule of vitamin E. Scrub the lips well and let it get absorbed. Even if you swallow it by mistake, yet it’s not dangerous.
- Mix a few drops of lemon in 1/2 teaspoon castor oil and apply daily before going to bed.
- Mix some sugar in aloe Vera gel and scrub your lips.
- Mix equal quantities of sunflower seed oil, olive oil, rose oil and honey and apply to the lips. Apply the mixture on the lips before going to bed. You can keep it in a bottle at room temperature also. You can add some crushed orange peel or brown sugar in this mixture for scrubbing your lips.
- Mix some cocoa butter in your lip balm and apply before sleeping.
Remedies For Infections After Lip Piercing
- Lip piercing infections are always very critical to deal with and the doctor will always recommend you to apply some ointment along with ‘removing your metal’ for a few days. The ointment will gradually fill in the pierced part and you will have to go through the pain of piercing all over again. A simple home treatment is to apply some sea salt. Mix some sea sodium in normal water and apply on the infection with a cotton ball. Repeat it 3 times a day.
- For swelling and bleeding after lip piercing, apply ice on the swollen part 2 times a day. Also, wash your lips with ice cold water 5 times a day.
- Put some used coffee or tea bag on the infected part.
- Remember to keep the metal in the hole during the healing process, or the hole will fill in 2 to 3 days. If you find no way other than removing the metal, then ask your piercer to remove it.
- Use zinc and magnesium rich foods like oysters, low fat beef, potatoes, pumpkin, watermelon seeds, peanuts, mutton, crab, and the love of all – chocolates!