Pearly Penile Papules and Genital Warts both are two different diseases and if someone is suffering from one of them but does not know the differences between them, he might get confused because of the similarly and this confusion can lead him to treat his PPP or GW wrongly which is really a worse problem. Let’s have a look at the differences between these two similar skin conditions.
Pearly Penile Papules or Genital Warts
- The occurrence of PPP is not caused by any kind of sexual activity as it is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD), whereas genital warts are developed by a virus called HPV which affects the person during sexual intercourse or any other sexual activity. Since, Genital Warts are considered to be STD.
- Pearly Penile Papules (PPP) appear in circles or rows around corona of the penis. On contrary, GW might appear any part of the male genital organs such as shaft of the penis or balls.
- PPP do not cause any health problems such as itchy, pain, redness, swelling etc and there is nothing to worry about their existence. But in case of GW, the patient might feel pain, itching or irritation.
- The major difference comes in appearance of them as Pearly Penile Papules appear in 2-3 rows while Genital warts seem like a cauliflower which does not stop growing.
- The only good thing about GW is that it tries to activate human immune system to fight against the virus while PPP is just a benign condition.
PPP or GW in Women
Pearly Penile Papules (PPP) is surely a men’s disease and it does not affect the women, but they can experience the pain and suffering of genital warts or some other similar virginal disease. Fortunately, the tests to detect these kinds of viruses have been developed.
In case of PPP or GW, the instructions given by the doctors are almost the same. Doctors strongly advise not to touch those little bumps with dirty hands PPP neither try to pick them off the penis. Moreover, you must know that Genital Wart is an SDT and the virus can be transmitted to the other person just by touching them.
How to Get Rid of Pearly Penile Papules?
If you are wondering how to cure pearly penile papules, the best choice you have is the use of CO2 laser vaporization which is now commonly use to eliminate papules effectively and easily. The only problem with this treatment method is that it can cost you a huge amount of money which you might not like to spend just to get rid of a harmless and almost non existent condition. However, it depends upon the number of penile you have on your penis as each bump is specifically treated which surely cost a big amount. If you can’t afford these expenses treatments, you can also use natural remedies such as the use of tea tree oil which can provide you with complete removal of the papules.