Most of you use skin care creams very carefully on your skin for enhancing glow, charm, softness and beauty of your skin. However, if you even tried to know what ingredients are used in most of such skin care creams? Never? Well, in this article, you will find some very interesting facts about the ingredients.
What Ingredients Are Used in Cosmetic Products?
The skin solution, that you apply every day on your skin with strong belief that it will make your skin softer and more toned and protect from harmful sunrays, pollutants in air and water and other environmental factors, contain vitamins, extracts of animals, extracts of plants and even foods which you eat.
Extracts of Animals
- Skin solution may contain some extracts of the animals such as collagen, elastin, amino acids, nucleic acid, hyaluronic acid, amniotic fluid, placental extract, ceramides, etc.
- The most commonly used extract of animal is known as collagen which is basically a type of protein produced naturally in animals’ flesh especially in mammals.
- Another commonly used extract is known as Elastin which has proven to be very effective in providing elasticity to skin. Elastin is extracted from Animals’ connective tissues.
- Amino acids are considered to be crucial substances originated in proteins and they are extracted from animals’ muscles, glands, organs and tendons.
Extracts of Plants
- Users and buyers don’t prefer to buy the beauty care products that contain chemicals or are 100% chemical based and therefore, skin solutions manufacturing companies have begun using natural plant extracts as essential and bigger elements in cosmetic products.
- Certain types of acids, phytosterols and aromatic oils are most commonly used and extracted from natural plants. Aromatic oils, extracted from jasmine, mint, chamomile, lavender, camphor and eucalyptus are used in beauty oils and perfumes.
- Phytosterols, used in cosmetic products and medicine, are found in vegetables and plants oils such as soya oil, cocoa butter, avocado, coconut oil and coconut milk and sunflower seeds.
- The acids which are commonly used are linoleic acid and hydroxyl acid and they are extracted from the primrose plant and the foxtail plant while some fruits and vegetables are also used to extra hydroxyl acid.
Various vitamins are used to prepare cosmetic products such as:
- Vitamin A: it is considered to be really effective in improving elasticity, smoothness and skin tone.
- Pro vitamin B5: It can keep your skin soft and moisturized.
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin C: It provides protection to your skin from various infections and also slower down the effects of aging.
- Vitamin E: It has anti oxidizing effect which helps in keeping your skin fully moist and reducing inflammation.
Some of the food items which are used as essential ingredients in most of cosmetic and beauty care products are milk, honey, egg while part and propolis. These food items have moisturizing effects on skin. Moreover, the propolis is believed to have anti parasitic and anti-bacterial properties and can be really helpful for improving skin.